Translate

Friday 18 March 2011

Advice to myself.

When trying to do this dukan diet it is essential that you are ready to put aside time to plan and that you have time to prepare food that is dukan diet friendly if you are to succeed. I make a point of stressing this here because it is one thing to know the theory and another to act upon it. A friend of mine made the comment "when you started this diet you were always prepared. You always had food with you. "
I realised then that I needed to do something. I decided to be prepared with my proteins and to try to do some baking.
Sometimes when things happen, you don't know that the happen for a purpose. I woke up this morning with a stomach bug and had to cancel my usual planned day and stay at home. I spent most of the day horizontal and when possible asleep. At about 3:30 PM I started to have cravings for chocolates and for walnut cake (which has been a weakness of mine recently). I telephoned my sister and asked her to pass by me and drop-off at 230 g bar of Cadbury's Whole nut and a slab of Sainsbury's walnut cake. (I had a headache and was obviously suffering from withdrawal symptoms from my yesterday's carb-fest.)
Thankfully I very soon had a realisation which was that being ill had not given me the chance to cheat on my diet today and so I must be going into ketosis. So I immediately called my sister and cancelled that order.
I visited the dukan site http://mydukandiet.com/recipes/chocolate-pralines.html and made some chocolate pralines. I also used the lemon muffin recipe to make a loaf cake.
I am at the moment eating two slices of my lemon cake and I expect that should I have any cravings later on tonight I can help myself to some chocolate and be happy in the knowledge that I have had a successful dukan day.
For breakfast I had 200 g of… Vanilla yoghurt (because that is all I could reach for)
for lunch at 12:45 PM I had some roast chicken, which I stuck in the oven to warm. I also had 500 mL of water
for a late afternoon snack (6 PM) I have had two slices of lemon cake and 500 mL of diet ginger ale
I have not had any exercise
I am determined to remain true to the diet today
Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Very impressive to stay on track when you're feeling ill! It is so easy just to crawl under the covers and treat yourself to a carb fest. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete