Translate

Saturday 8 January 2011

Exercise does go a really long way.

Today's weight: 196.8lbs or 89.5 kg.  Day's loss: 0.8 lbs

Yesterday, I had a late breakfast of a half pound seasoned beef pattie with about 150g of cottage cheese.
For a snack, I then had Vanilla Yoghurt and a tablespoon of oat bran.
For lunch, inspired by the menu suggestion on my personalised Dukan page, I had 'chicken salad'. I chopped up a roasted chicken breadt and made a yoghurt dressing of yoghurt, crushed teasted garlic, paprika and some all purpose seasoning.  I mixed it all and it reminded me of coronation chicken without the curry and raisins. For another time, I may add a hint of curry.

THEN I DERAILED. ... Well not massively so perhaps it was a detour.
I craved Crispy  Duck pancakes and ordered from a local chinese menu. - a quarter duck without the skin in 6 pancakes with cucumber, chives and some plum (sugar!!!!) sauce. I also had stir fried mushrooms and prawns with onions. I avoided the sauce but just picked the mushrooms, prawns and onions out. I felt physically sick after but I am not known for a weak stomach so as I was determined to keep it down, it did not escallate. I think that has satisfied any cravings for a few weeks though.

Of course I knew that I would have to do some damage limitation so exercise would have to be achieved today! It was non- negotiable.

My recommended obligatory exercises include 15 minutes walking (I did 15 minutes on my stepper and then 20 minutes on my striding machine); one hour standing (when I go back to work, I'll get that done and more!) thn some supplementary exercises which include  squats (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGAW-Jk8I2k) and some abdominals (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqiwzgTB_q8).

Well I did them all and I am pleased to see a loss today! My weght could have been identical to yesterday's or even a gain. Today I am out to lunch. I will need will and brain power. 

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Abi - looks like the year has starting in spectacular Dukan fashion for you with great losses - keep up the fantastic work. Cheeers Ros

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ros. Glad to see that you are well and that you too have started 2011 with a steady run. I wish you all success.
    Keep safe with all that flooding. May it continue to stay far from you.
    Best wishes,
    Abi

    ReplyDelete