Translate

Friday 7 January 2011

Slow and Steady!

...Hopefully!
Today's weight is 197.6 lbs or 89.6 kg.
That's 2.2 lbs or 1kg down on yesterday or 8 lbs after 5 full days of attack. I am now halfway to losing my rapid weight gain spike. Thanks to The Lord!!!
It was the first day of the year when I stuck to the diet easily and got in my exercise without too much psychological or intellectual opposition. My water intake was good - just over 2 l.

You know, there is so much negative press out there about diets and a lot of it is well founded but having watched a program which critiqued practically every possible diet but Dukan, I found myself thinking through the Dukan diet in the light of the various criticisms.

Proteins and low fat dairy means we are getting proteins and fats. Unrestricted fish means we are open to Omega 3s. Rhubarb and veggies on PV days mean vitamins and minerals are being imbibed while compulsory oatbran and the sugars from dairy ensures carbohydrate intake, though low. Oatbran, and wheatbran as well as rhubarb covers the roughage base and of course the fact that there is no portion control on proteins and vegetables means that hunger should be a foreign or at least manageable sensation to those on this diet.

Now, for myself, over the Christmas vacation, I experienced Dr Dukan's advice to eat a variety and not compromise on taste, while on this diet. In addition, being of both Nigerian and Trinidadian parentage, the importance of green leafy vegetables in the diet was emphasized. The fact that butternut squash, carrots and parsnips could be eaten was also driven home and I realised that this diet is really manageable as long as one does plan well in advance by shopping correctly, baking in advance and being innovative.

I know that when it comes to food and anything outside work and career, I can be lazy. My new year resolution is to try to get the balance right! To find time for myself becuse I matter! To love myself, value myself and take the best care of myself. I (my body and my mind) am the most important possession I have. Without me (body and mind) I would not be. So do I care enough? Yes I do!!!

So here's to the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment