Translate

Sunday 20 March 2011

A periodic chocaholic!!!

I am prone (as I believe many are) to a period, from time to time, when snacking becomes an obsession. Well my latest discovery is dukan pralines.
Well I tend to be one will adjust recipes to my taste and I have done so. So here is my recipe for dukan chocolate.

Ingredients:
one tablespoon cocoa powder
seven tablespoons skimmed milk powder
two tablespoons Splenda
seven drops good-quality vanilla essence
three tablespoons constituted birds custard
skimmed milk to give a thick paste consistency
Cadburys highlights or options hot chocolate powder (low-calorie)

Method:
combine the cocoa powder, skimmed milk, splenda, vanilla essence, custard and skimmed milk until you have a thick paste.
Put 1 teaspoon full of the hot chocolate powder on a plate.
Using 2 teaspoons shape your chocolates by scooping some of the mixture onto a spoon and alternately using the second spoon to scoop the mixture of one spoon and onto the other This shapes the chocolate. When you are satisfied with the shape you have, drop your chocolate on to the hot chocolate powder and move it around to ensure that the chocolate is properly coated.
Repeat this for scoops of the chocolate mixture until you have finished shaping all of it.
Remove the chocolates from the hot chocolate powder and place them on a clean dry dish . Cover with cling film and leave for no less than four hours.
Enjoy.

I have found in the last couple of days that these chocolates can cure my chocolate cravings. They will be a part of my diet for the foreseeable future

3 comments:

  1. These sound great! I've never heard fo 'constituted birds custard'. What is it exactly?
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather.
    Just my terminology for Bird's custard powder, made up by first adding cool water to make a paste, then adding boiling water (make the thick custard).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have discovered that you can leave the custard out all together and still get a fantastic chocolate. Just use enough skimmed milk to give a very thick paste.

    ReplyDelete