Translate

Thursday 24 March 2011

Onward ever!

The joy I feel at having been successful this week on the dukan diet is immeasurable. It is so easy to eat unnecessarily and to put on weight once again unnecessarily.I would like to think that I have seen the light and that with this experience and resolve I will continue onwards towards my goal of 159 pounds in weight and not have any backtracking on that road that I believe that I am now set on.
Today I went on a course, I had not informed them of any special dietary requirements. I actually thought I would have a chance to pop out to Marks & Spencer's and get myself a salad (but I had no intention of using the salad dressing sachet) however when lunch was brought out I decided to have a look first. There were chicken skewers with a tomato dip, garnished with a salad or lettuce tomato and carrots and of course the usual sandwiches. There were also little kebabs of green and red peppers with some white cheese. I decided to have the chicken skewers and the pepper and cheese kebabs, as well as the garnish as this is a PV day. After eating though, I was still hungry so I went back to the table and looked for dukan friendly looking sandwiches where I could use the filling and throw away the bread. I helped myself to some salad garnish and found a vegetarian sandwich filled with a cheesey mixture. I also had the filling from a sliced boiled egg and tomato sandwich and I decided to eat that. I was full and did not even feel tempted to eat anything else. There were fruit skewers and a variety of cakes. I didn't even drink tea, I just had water through the day. In the afternoon chocolate eggs were offered. It was so easy to say I didn't want any and to pass, even when the eggs were passed round for second helpings.
When I left the venue of my training, and got to the station, I felt as though I could do with a Diet Coke. Well I survived my two trains and tram journey to arrive home and eat a quarter roast chicken, followed by some of my dukan chocolate. I put a Diet Coke in the freezer as soon as I arrived, but now I have no appetite to drink it.I guess that will have to wait until later in the evening when I feel that I need to eat again.
I hope the rest of this dukan journey is as easy as it seems now. I know my hormones must be cooperating, and it may also be down to the fact that this morning, before I left home, I had the feeling that I should exercise, felt energetic and did just that. I already know that for me exercise is key. I hope that every day I can find the energy and the peace of mind to do what I need to do for the most important person to me...me!
Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment