Translate

Thursday 31 March 2011

Fantastic news!

It is unusual for me to write an entry, as a first thing, in the morning. I am excited however by the number on the scales. I had said I would not report any weight until I had returned to 196 pounds. Well this is early but the scale just said 200.8 pounds. 'Why is she excited'? Do I hear you ask? Well let me tell you!
What I haven't reported is that I had hit 208 pounds. It happened over the February half term and was a much greater (to me) weight gain than the 205 I had hit at Christmas. But I have steadily lost weight over the last 10 days. And this is what I did:
1. Cooked and to hand, I have had a ready source of protein or better still ready sources of protein. I used to be intolerant of eggs but I decided to try it out two weeks ago and found that I could eat two eggs, boiled, in a day. In the last 10 days I have had two boiled eggs as part of my protein on three different days. I have also prepared some jerk chicken breasts, which I baked, and had with me wherever I went. They have been quite filling.
2. Having discovered how to make dukan chocolates (pralines)has been so huge  tome. I made enough for six days and though I have not had them every day, if I have found myself craving for chocolate or something sweet or even just so tired that the munchies have come upon me I have reached for the dukan chocolates and all has been well. When next I make, I will take pictures step-by-step to show what I do.
3. Even though I have not done all the requirements in terms of exercise, I have discovered that doing the kettle bell movements with linked thumbs has been an invaluable exercise.
The weight has been dropping off, and I am truly thankful. I am first trying to get back 189  pounds, which was my lowest weight before Christmas. I don't know how long it will take, but I will report it when I get there, otherwise I will be reporting my food and activity.
Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment