Translate

Sunday 7 August 2011

This says it all! Here we go again!

I have just pasted this comment on Charlotte's blog:

Welcome back to Charlotte. It is fantastic to be able to read this blog from you today. I too have had very little success recently going backwards and forwards, upwards and downwards on the scales. Every time I have thought I would relaunch my dukan diet, I have used it as evidence that I can lose weight and then I have gone back and eaten all the things I should not: large chocolate chip cookies, cake, full fat cheese, etc.
Well today marks the beginning of the rest of my life! (Why does that sound so familiar?)
I am serious now though. I am joining you tomorrow morning. I am also going to take inspiration from Julie K for exercise.
Wish me luck.


Well, what can I say (or write)?...This says it all. Watch this space for my progress. This time I will show my weight through photographs of my scale.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! That's the attitude!!! We fall off the wagon so many times, but we get up and try again. And that counts big time. That's 80% of right there! Seriously. We can do this. My Dukan is off the last week or so just because i'm preparing for this race in 2 weeks. But i'll be back on track with you all and I'll be losing the weight with you all too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news! welcome back - why do we do that - eat all the things as quickly as possible that we have resisted - as if there wasn't a VERY good reason to resist them in the first place! keep up the blog so we can all read about how you get on and for your own record of what works and what doesnt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, both!
    @ Julie: a snippet from the Dukan chat re - adapting for exercise (a marathon to be precise)

    Question: I am currently training for a marathon and need to find something to give me energy on the longer runs I am doing in my training. I would normaly use a caffeine gel by Science in Sport called Smart 1 Energizer Gel. Ingredients Water Maltodextrin (produced by partial hydrolysis of a special variety of maize 98% glucose polymers) Flavouring Gelling Agents (Xanthan Gum Gellan Gum) Antioxidants (Blackcurrant Anathocyanins Vitamin C Citrus Bioflavenoids Acidity Regultors (Citric Acid Sodium Citrate) Caffeine Preservatives (Potassium Sorbate Sodium Benzoate) Sweetner (Acesulfame K Sucralose) Salt.Ingredients per serving Energy 612kj/144kcal Carbohydrate 36g Protein 0g Fat 0g Caffeine 83mg Anathocyanins 21mg bioflavenoids 3mg.Is it ok t use these sparingly on the longer rruns and eventually on race day, or can you suggest an alternative? Thanks.


    Answer: first of all : congrats for your training ! You will have to adapt two things : first, during the meal which precedes your running trainings, please add 150 g of cooked cereals (pasta, rice, semolina, etc). Then, during your effort, if you have a lack of energy, you can either have 200 mL of sugar free fruit compote or 1 unit of your smart energizer gel. The rest will not change, just follow your Dukan diet instructions. Give us some news, we want you to do a good result on that marathon course !

    @Miss Contrary- Thanks for the encouragement.
    I guess for me, that's how I got to my current weight! I really must remember that!

    Happy dukanning, everyone!

    ReplyDelete