Translate

Saturday 3 February 2018

Happy 2018! I have found my feet!

It is said that sometimes, things have to get worse! ...To even hit rock bottom, before they can get better! I must say that my experience has proved this to be true! T

This morning, I came up as 226lbs or 16St 2lbs!
I am elated as I can see 15 stone in sight!

So how did I get here, considering that at an all tome high of 17 St 8lbs as a typical weight over the last 3 ears, I was beginning to despair and lose hope for ever hitting my ideal of 11St 7lbs.

I now attend Slimming World meetings and i feel supported with belonging to a tangible group as opposed to a solely online one.

Lesson 1: One size never fits all! Explore what is available to you and be true to yourself! Adjust what you are being offered so that you are comfortable with it, afterall, once you begin this battle, it becomes a lifelong experience.

I do slimming world SP for up 5 days at a stretch! These are basically Dukan PV days for me.
Yes you are allowed fruit...but I am not really a fruit person so I generally don't but I indulge in my vegetables.

I invested in Saladmaster cookware and  Inow love the tasty food I cook! It is so easy to cook with vegetables that I do not have any difficulty in cooking and eating a wide range of vegetables.In addition the nutritional contet of your food is preserved and the body is fed high quality nutrition- No added oil, less seasoning, particularly salt etc!It is paying off!

My next steps are to :

1. see if I can build protein only days into my routine! Right now, my weekends involve a day of being very good at PV- no cheating and eating as much and as many times as I wish  and a second day (usually Sunday) that includes a restaurant meal ...and I do not refuse desert!

I believe that on the revised Dukan, you are allowed a three course meal with a small glass of wine on one day a week anyway.

2. Build some oatbran into my week and ideally, my daily diet!

As I write, I am experimenting with baking a variation on my chocolate cake (posted in 2010) and I used grated carrots to provide the 'water' (as my Saladmaster pots allow) and just simplified the ingredients so it would not stray too far to satisfy the slimming world allowances.

Cocoa powder150g                          27 syns 
Oatbran- 120g                                  Healthy extra b choice for 2.67 days    so over 7 day, it is less                                                                  than 0.4 of the heathy b allowance)   
Powdered milk   60g                        11 syns     (healthy extra a)     
4 medium finely grated carrots        syn free
6 eggs                                               syn free
25g baking powder                           2 syns   
15g Splenda sweetener                    syn free


 6 pieces-
 6 days Dukan allowance                  Total syns 39syns or 5.5 syns  (out of 15 daily) per slice


Of course the cake was cooked in my salad master pot! I used damp kitchen paper ad a paper cake tin liner.

3. Daily exercise!

Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment