Translate

Sunday 8 July 2012

Abi's variation of the Dukan Gallette for a Pizza base (PV)

I have craved pizza!!! ...and I as I think is the general practice among dukanners, I have used the gallette as a base!
I find the gallette base kinda spongy so I had an idea!... Last year, I taught some children, at a supplementary school that I project manage, to make healthy pizzas by following a 'fool proof' recipe. the pizza base called for grated cheddar.
Well, I made this variation of a dukan pizza yesterday and was so pleased with the outcome, I thought I'd share.

Ingredients for Baked Pizza Base:

2 tbsp (30g) oat bran
1 tbsp (6g) wheat bran
1 whole egg (or just the egg white if you are watching your cholesterol)
1 babybel light cheddar cheese broken into smaller pieces
1 tbsp  (10-12g) skimmed milk powder
water to make a  thick runny mix (no more than 100ml)
herbs, spices, pepper to taste

set oven to 200F
mix the above and pour on greeseproof paper on a baking sheet
Place in oven for 20 - 25 min (turn over at 10- 15  min when underside is dry)

Ingredients for topping

Tomato puree paste (sold in tubes and tins)
Quark
Any other topping of choice e.g. cooked chicken breast , low fat ham, sweet peppers, chopped onion etc.
(It is a good idea to place any veg on foil and in the oven while the base is cooking before putting on  as a topping, so as to avoid soggy veg.)

Smear tomato puree on cooked base
smear quark (I like a thick layer)
Add any other topping of choice
Return to oven and bake until topping is cooked/ warmed through
( I left mine in for 10 mins)

Serve on a plate, eat and enjoy!

PS: if you try this recipe, please let me know what you think.
Oh and by the way if you are curious about my 'Saturday work' see this link
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?type=&keyWords=SHINE+Oliver+Goldsmith&sitesearch=lulu.com&q=&x=0&y=0



2 comments:

  1. try it! it was my dinner on both days over the weekend! I am now looking forward to Wednesday and Thursday. Try it!

    ReplyDelete