Translate

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Abi's chocolate variation on Dukan baked oatbran cookie

Rushing but had to report this!
Thanks to Vicki C. I have discovered the delight of the baked oatbran cookie. As confessed previously, I am a chocaholic!
I thought I might experiment with chocolatizing the cookie, not by adding cocoa and developing a chocolate cookie, but by adding blobs of dukan chocolate....I ended up discovering that time wise, it was easier to just have a layer of dukan chocolate on top...So here goes!
Mix 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder with 7 teaspoons of skimmed milk powder, add 1 teaspoon of splenda and enough skimmed milk for a thick paste. Leave to rest...

In a bowl add 6 tablespoons (90g) of oatbran, 1.5 tablespoons (5g) of splenda, 1 egg white, 1 teaspoon of mixed spice, 1 teaspoon (11g) of baking powder, 4 tablespoons or  140g of low fat vanilla yoghurt, a few squirts of flavouring (I use a combination of a squirt each of vanilla, strawberry and almond).

Place a tablespoonful on a greaseproof sheet for each cookie (I get 6 but if you do not, share it out into 6 blobs). On each blob of cookie mix, place a teaspoonful of your chocolate mix. Spread out if you feel the pile too high. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 (or there abouts) for 12 - 15 minutes.

Let cool and tuck in!

Two cookies give your oatbran for one day and your tolerated cocoa! The challenge is not to eat more than your daily allowance!

Now if you try this variation, please promise to give me feedback!

Enjoy! and see you all on Thursday for my weigh in!


5 comments:

  1. Hi I just found your blog and addedit to my blogroll! We have the same amount of weight to lose, I think ... so let's keep going! :-)
    I also love Vicky's oatbran cookies and must try your chocolate variation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!and here's to a successful journey to us both!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment and support Abi, REALLY appreciate all the Dukanians online all helping each other - its fab!! Well done with the loss so far :@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...my...goodness...Those cookies look & sound delicious! Once I get my hands on some skimmed milk powder & mixed spice, I'm making these... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks both! (Little Miss and Vicki c.)
    waiting to hear your feedback on the cookies, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete