Translate

Sunday 16 October 2011

I am back!

...Once again!
I keep telling myself that as long as I do not  forget that I want to lose weight and I keep trying, I will get there one day. ...'If at first you do not succeed, try, try and try again!'

Well here is a 'naughty recipe' that I made up when I was craving chocolates and some walnut cake. It satisfied both cravings and though it has walnuts (non Dukan), I think it was a better choice than eating the shop bought cake!!! I think that even after I lose the weight, this is a recipe I intend to keep for life.

Abi’s chocolate Walnut cake

10 tbsp oatbran
5tbsp wheatbran
3 eggs
2 tbsp splenda
1 tbsp mixed spice
2tbsp baking powder
Two handfuls chopped walnuts
250g low fat vanilla yoghurt
10tbsp of skimmed milk powdwr

Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
Pour into a silicone loaf tin or a greaseproof paper lined loaf tin
Preheat oven to 200
Reduce to 175
Bake for 30 minutes

Ideal serving: 1/5th of loaf

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Abi -- as soon as I buy some walnuts, I'm going to make this! :)

    I was wondering if you used unsweetened cocoa powder for the chocolate flavor -- and if yes, how much did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki,
    I left out a major ingredient: skimmed milk powder and hope you haven't tried this yet.
    I will amend the recipe above...and that was unsweetened cocoa powder.(feel free to use more splenda to suit your taste.)

    ReplyDelete