Translate

Sunday 2 January 2011

Happy New Year! I've had 6 steps back but here's to putting one foot in front!

The title says it all!!! If you wondered why I stopped blogging in spite of the declared good intentions, it was because the little (but monstrous) piggy reared its head!!!
All caution was thrown to the wind, Dukan was forgotten and in went mince pies, cookies, loads of nuts and everything else! Forgotten was the stash of chocolate cake in my fridge and instead, loads of high end chocolates took up space in my body. Oatbran and low fat dairy were absolutely forgotten.
Yesterday, we entertained my very good friend and her family. Out came a magnum of bubbly and after my synthetic (rum essence rather than rum) diet punch, I added a splash of bubbly and the drink was transformed. I added more and that then became my drink...I wasn't driving afterall, so this was one of my rare drinking days of the year.
Ok, let me relieve the suspense:
Numbers:   weight- 93.6kg or 205.8 lbs  (No comments please!!!)
                  fat-    51.2% (OH NO!!!)
                 water-38.3% (I can remedy that!)
                 muscle- 26.5%
                 BMI- 32.4 (Obese again!!!)

Well wish me luck for my attack today!

Brunch: A leftover lamb shank (yes I know I am not supposed to eat lamb but just say it's an Atkin- Dukan start!); 200g of yoghurt with my 1.5 tbsp of oatbran; diet bitterlemon and sparkling water mix (Yes I know that there's too much citric acid in bitterlemon and that it might inhibit the onset of ketosis!)

I am promising to do a minimum of one hour of gentle exercise today.

I am about to make a batch of fish cakes and that will be my main food today. I will put on the recipe later!

Look! I really have no regrets!I have learnt a great deal in the past week! I could have/ should have prepared Dukan alternatives for every thing I ate and it would have been possible had I known what I would have fallen for (to eat!) I think I am ready to put together a Dukan feast day menu, so watch this space!

Well, Happy New Year and good luck everyone as we rejoin the Dukan wightloss train!

No comments:

Post a Comment