Translate

Sunday 26 December 2010

My Christmas Dinner!

Breakfast was freshly stewed rhubarb with vanilla Yoghurt. Roast plantain (non- Dukan) with an African inspired fish (Bassa, smoked mackerel) and prawn stew.

Lunch was a list of unmentionables, so I won't mention them!!! Just let it be on record that I had good intentions and preparations of Dukan cookies, muffins etc, in advance of today, would have saved me my lapses!
Now for Dinner.
To the list of Dukan Diet Allowed Vegetables I now put on parsnips (Ref: http://ddr.myfreeforum.org/archive/september-22-weekly-chat-with-dr.-dukan__o_t__t_821.html:
“satvik : Hello Team, Are parsnips allowed during cruise phase or are they too starchy?

Moderatrice Sonja : Hi Satvik! yes you can have them on PV days as it's allowed food don't worry! If you have some recipes with them do not hesitate to share them with us! keep going! “ )

Artichoke; Asparagus; Aubergine; Beetroot; Broccoli; Cabbage, Cauliflower, Brussel sprouts; Carrot; Celery; Chicory; Courgette; Cucumber; Fennel; French beans, mange tout; Garlic; Leek ; Mushrooms; Onion; Palm hearts; Parsnips; Pumpkin, marrow, squash; Radish; All the Salad leaves like lettuce, rocket, etc.; Soya beans; Spinach; Swede ; Swiss Chard; Tomatoes ; Turnip

Well, with all this in  mind, here is what I prepared for Christmas dinner:

Roasted vegetable and prawn skewers  and  (non – Dukan but festive) roasted chestnut garlic skewers
(I must confess that I drizzled the skewers with Chinese chilli oil before roasting)


Whole Baked Salmon and Roasted Butternut squash (instead of potatoes). Turkey would have been a good idea but for my vegetarian.
There was a gravy (optional) and a sprinkling of parmesan.

Desert was very un- Dukan! Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice cream!
:
Drink: Diet fruit punch Diet gingerale, bitter lemon and a dash of apple and rasberry juice with rum essence.

Well the dessert and drink were not Dukan, but the drink in particular was a healthier option to what I could have had...Bailey's Irish Cream, Cinzano Bianco and Rosso, some Rum punch (being true to my Trinidadian roots!).
As for the desert,- mince pies with brandy sauce, christmas cake, etc would have been more sugar and fat than the icecream. The luciousness of the icecream meant I couldn't bring myself to eat anything else.
My only regret is my lack of exercise. Well, today is a new day. Wish me luck!

1 comment: