Translate

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Another successful day

Yesterday, I successfully completed my second full day of protein only with vegetal drainer and an hours walking.

It wasn't really hard, I think that since it was the second day of protein only ketosis had already set in.

For breakfast I had cottage cheese with some spiced prawns, two mugs of detox tea.

For a snack I had some more and 500 mL of water.

For lunch I had a quarter roast chicken with half a day's allocation of Dukan bread and another 500 mL of water.

For afternoon snack I made a dessert or layered mousse. It was an interesting process and I was tempted to take pictures but I resisted. Perhaps the next time I make it I will take pictures. It didn't help that I couldn't find the the blades for my electric whisk and so I couldn't put in any egg whites. I mixed a tablespoon of cocoa powder, a level tablespoon of Splenda, and two heaped teaspoons of skimmed milk powder with some warm water. I put this in the freezer to get cold for about 10 min. I then whisked in an equal volume of fromage frais.
I made some custard out of one spoonful of  Bird's custard powder. Rather than using milk and sweetener in its I put in 250 mL of vanilla yoghurt and whisked that.
I then layered the cocoa mixture and the vanilla mixture into 4 cups, finishing with the vanilla layer. I sprinkled two pinches of cocoa powder on top of the vanilla layer and covered the glasses then put them in the fridge to cool.
I must say this was a delicious snack and I also had my the rest of my oat bran bread.

For supper I had some roast chicken, a second layered dessert and and 500 mL of water. Later I had a cup of detox tea.

I waited about 40 min and on my cross trainer I spent an hour (that accounts for my one-hour walking) and drank another 500 mL while exercising.

Well so far so good and I hope that this will reflect on the scales. I am doing this so as to try and break the cycle of non-weight-loss that I've had. My goal as I stated some blogs ago is to get myself back to 189 pounds. Whether or not I'll be able to do this before the weekend is another thing. I am doing five days of PP after which I hope to return to the PP and PV cycle.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Well done! You're doing great. That dessert sounds yummy. Need to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete