Translate

Thursday 23 December 2010

Christmas Message from Dr. Dukan

Last night, after checking on my usual Dukan bloggers, I began to panic. Everyone seems to be declaring a Dukan break for Christmas and for me, the spirit is sooooo willing but the flesh is weak.
I had, earlier in the day, started to plan my Christmas menu for a non- Dukaner and a Dukaner. I had encountered a tin of M&S Belgian Chocolate biscuits and I had made yesterday a PV and stock cube day yet again and in spite of earlier resolutions. I decided to check on what Dr. Dukan is saying on http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/en/680-christmas-menu.html and this is what I found:

Dear friends,

Whatever our culture, Christmas is a time to stop, when all together, we can shut out life’s bitterness, its sorrows and stresses. Christmas is a time for truce!
The message, for anyone waging war against their weight, is not to let these precious moments be overshadowed by pressure. Be free on Christmas Day but be free in a way that is supervised, gentle and comfortable.
Take a look at our Festive Menus!
However, from January 2nd onwards, all together, let’s return to do battle bringing with us the strength of our resolutions for 2011!

Oh! I really love the man! I love his realism! I love his lack of a tendency to pile on unrealistic pressure! I pray for him at this time of the year and seriously wish him 'Peace on Earth and Goodwill to Men!'

Well firstly, I realise that I can steam butternut squash and use that as my 'staple' for my Christmas meal, while the non- Dukaner has roast potato (or west African jollof rice, or Caribbean rice and peas).
My non- Dukaner is strict vegetarian, I eat meat! Because I want to Dukan as much as possible and in the light of some thoughts inspired by Ros, though I had planned to, I will NOT deprive myself!
I will have many PVs and I will strive for an hour's light exercise daily through the season as suggested in the chat stream of the Dukan site...

Chat Online 22/12/2010's Session
"
MarijaI : Should I practice one from the fitness exercises , or as many as I want?
sonja : Hi Marijal! The most important on this diet is to move as much as you can and to do some physical exercises at least an hour per day so you can do as many fitness exercises as you want if you feel to!"

I have decided that as sad as this may seem to some, I will try to blog daily through the season. For me, it will mean that I do not lose touch. I may or may not report my weight but I will report my struggles, menus etc.

I am one of those who has found success simply from the book and recipe book and I have not subscribed to the Dukan site. I think and see how it is a useful site and though I have been tempted on more than a few occasions, I am determined to just try to stick to the books and other online support.

I must stock up on oat bran. I know what my deserts will be and when I am uber tempted (if ever) I will make the Dukan Chocolate log on the christmas menu.

By the way, I dreamt of  a luscious, ‘cheddarry’ macaroni cheese. I think I will do a cauliflower and/ or broccoli cheese in individual pots (so having more portion control).  I will skewer sweet peppers, mushrooms and perhaps carrot chunks, and bake for exciting festive veg.
Wish me luck!

By the way, I read this on the Chat forum

"
zetovs : Dear Dr Dukan, I was wondering if it is possible to have the cruise phase last less long than it currently is. AS it is I am supposed to be on cruise phase until May of next year and my main problem is that I am pretty sure I will not be able to have such a restricted eating habit for such a long period of time. Is there any way to make the cruise phase more effective ? For example more PP days than PV days so that I lose weight faster ? Or are there any diet aids that will help me achieve my true weight (or close!) in a shorter period of time? I really hope that something can be done because I am not sure that I can keep this up for another 5 months. Regards
Moderatrice sonja : Hi Zetov! I understand that it can be difficult to be on a diet for such a long time. What I can do is move you on 3PP/3PV alternation. Please let me know about that in the email box of your slimming apartment and we will see what we can do! I wish you a Merry Christmas!"
 
Does that mean that a 3 PP 3 PV alternation will speed up weightloss?

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for this wondrous post, I am glad I observed this website on yahoo.
    expertratedreviews

    ReplyDelete