Translate

Friday 15 June 2012

I am back (take 2.)

Well, it is now the middle of June and I have put back on all the weight so I am now as I was three years ago. I cannot blame anyone but myself. For the last year and a half I have not exercised regularly and since Christmas I have eaten a whole load of carbohydrates, obeying my cravings wantonly.
There were weeks indeed almost entire months when I would crave cake and indulge nightly. Mind you this cravings were not a slice – they were often slabs which would be six portions for anyone not watching it. Well I have reaped what I have sown and is now I am ready to make amends.
I have more or less stuck to the oat bran all the way through although I have not observed the one day of protein only per week.
It has taken four months but all of a sudden two days ago, I had the control.
My car has been out of service and I have been forced to do a little bit of walking in the mornings. On Tuesday, quite accidentally, I ended up doing more walking than planned – three times more – and my willpower was reborn.
Now, the challenge is to stick to exercise, for then with food all falls into place.
I went shopping today–dukan shopping.I bought fish, chicken, and loads of vegetables.
Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. All the best with your renewed commitment. I can share your thoughts re the giving in to carbs...quite often filling up the car would mean equal portions of snacks for me...

    I have added you to my blog roll and wish you well with your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thanks. I will keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete