Translate

Monday 13 June 2011

Making good progress

I have had a good couple of days and I will report back on Thursday 16th of June.
In the meantime I have noticed the progress of my 'dukan friend' Julie K.and though I would like to comment on her blog, this seems to be a problem so I better leave a message here for her:

Well done Julie! Way to go! You've done really well by completing your attack phase as specified by Dr Dukan. Now stick to the PP PV rotations and if you find yourself really rushed on a PV day, I will tell you what I do... I buy a store bought undressed salad (or at least one where the dressing is in a separate sealed pouch or Tub) and use that through the day. It is important that on PV days we try to give the body a range of vegetables but it really does not matter if it is in 'small' quantities through the day... In fact for me, Dr Dukan has recommended that I eat more proteins than veg on my PV days (while making sure that I do have a range of veggies on those days).

I'd also like to acknowledge Charlotte's progress on her year 2 of dukan. Well done Charlotte. Have you tried dukan chocolates yet?

Talking about dukan chocolates: this past week, in anticipation of my cyclical cravings for chocolates, I experimented with using my hand whisk to make my dukan chocolates. Well that's the way forward for me  from now on.
I did the usual one heaped tablespoon full of cocoa powder, seven heaped table spoonfuls of skimmed milk powder and two heaped table spoonfuls of Splenda.
I then whisked in skimmed milk until I had a light fluffy mixture (and wondered if it would set at all!). I then added my drops of vanilla essence, mixed that in, and put to the mixture in a mould, leaving it to set. It did set and I have light, soft praline- like chocolates rather than the dense, thick, heavy balls I used to make.

I have decided that when this batch runs out, I will experiment with putting the fresh mixture into and icing syringe then piping these in swirls into mini cupcake cases. (I think when I do it I will take pictures and paste them on this site.)

So let me report on my day's progress:

Breakfast: three pieces of my seasoned, smoked baked turkey leg

Snack: two boiled eggs and a milky, sugarless coffee

Late lunch: 250 g of Tesco natural low-fat yoghurt with my day's ration of oatbran. I also added one tablespoonful of wheat bran.

Snack: 30 g of seasoned, baked turkey breasts steak, and one 125g pot of activia fat-free yoghurt.

Dinner: 100 g of rhubarb, made into 'Abi's rhubarb juice with bits', 100 g of turkey breast steak.

After dinner snack: one 125g pot of activia fat-free yoghurt.

Water check: 6x250ml glasses (1.5 L).

Well that was a day of attack! I hope I can continue until Wednesday night so that I can resume PP PV rotations on Thursday morning.
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you soo much for all your advice. You keep motivating me! Unfortunately, as you might read in my blog, i added some weight. maybe it's from the transition of 5 days PP to a PV day... we'll see how it goes. Are you having problems posting on my blog? is it a blog problem? Take care and keep up the good work!! you can do this. Few more days left until PV :)

    ReplyDelete